Web Apeel prides itself on having created an inclusive environment where everyone can come to work and feel comfortable. We are an organization that is dedicated to continually developing, expanding, and enhancing our services to meet the changing needs of our clients. You will report to and work alongside the Human Resources Manager, as well as the Executive team to support Human Resources initiatives of Web Apeel. This position works collaboratively with the Human Resources Manager to support the individual departments within Web Apeel as well as providing support to for our policies and procedures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring that new staff are effectively brought into the company in a smooth and thoughtful manner
- Building engagement within the organization through meaningful programs and methods of recognition
- Building our staff’s competencies and abilities to effectively perform their duties as well as grow and develop
- Developing training materials, researching new training ideas, delivering content
- Ensuring that Web Apeel is able to learn from the feedback of staff that choose to exit on their own.
- Confirming that all processes are followed to efficiently exit employees
- Sourcing and hiring to ensure Web Apeel has the right people in the right positions
- Creating job postings, reviewing resumes, prescreening, scheduling, interviewing, reference checking, creating offer letters
- Ensuring all probationary procedures are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assist the HR Manager in the development and updating of aligned HR policies and procedures:
- Reviewing and recommending updates to policies to ensure compliance with the ever changing employment standards and regulations present across Canada
- Keep up to date on Occupational Health and Safety policies and requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated 4+ years of focused experience in Human Resources, it would be a major asset to have exposure to multiple facets of Human Resources (recruitment & selection, performance management, training & development, etc.)
- College Diploma in Human Resources, a University degree would be an asset.
- CPHR designation or working towards a professional designation would be an asset
- Ability to build excellent relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Understanding of employment standards across Canada (USA and UK is a bonus!)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality